Primer for polyeurathane on top side?

Discussion in 'Materials' started by wrbowcal, Aug 2, 2013.

1. wrbowcal

wrbowcal Junior Member

Does anyone know what I should use as a primer or if I need one for U tech 3.8 it will be sprayed over existing sanded paint and upol filler on my little speed boat.

picked it up yesterday from local autobody shop was left over paint.here is the primer I have on hand would they be compatible?

http://www.endura.ca/products/Primers/ep2c.html

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

That primer is typically used over metals, but should work over existing finishes.

3. wrbowcal

wrbowcal Junior Member

Thanks PAR,Im going for it.talked to a supplier and he said it should work fine but wet on wet may not turn out well so i will let the primer cure,sand then shoot it with the topcoat.

4. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Give the primer a full 24 hours, preferably longer, to prevent shrinkage causing an issue. If you intend to block down the primer, do so in the first three days or it's a lot harder to sand.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.