Seadoo speedster repower ideas

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by rbtlen, Jul 7, 2007.

1. rbtlen

rbtlen New Member

Ok, I have a 94' seadoo speedster with no motors and no drives. I have less than 300.00 in it It still has stearing, throttle controls, guages. I was just looking for ideas for repowering it. I have seen several threads on adding outboards to other similar jetboats (bayliners, donzi, baja) Just wondering what ideas people have or things they have tried. I know that finding new motors and drives is an option... I am just wondering what other options might be. Inboards, outboards, small block v8,v6, i4. I do have access to alot of different Ford motors and Subaru's as well as some high displacement motorcycle motors. I do also have a 140 johnson available. I am open to most anything.

2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Welcome aboard :)
    Not sure about the '94, but the current Speedster is not a very efficient rig. Standard power on the current 15' version of the Speedster is 215 hp; the 20' version can be optioned up over 400 hp. Neither has performance commensurate with those numbers. A big part of the reason is the tiny 6.5" pumps the Speedster has (the pump was designed for a PWC less than half the size), which waste a good portion of that power.
    I can't remember whether the Speedster's jet intakes are moulded into the hull or bolted on separately. Some photos of your transom/bottom configuration might help stir up opinions on how best to repower it. There are a lot of possible options depending on your criteria- do you want all-round performance, top end, acceleration, efficiency.....?

3. rbtlen

rbtlen New Member

Well I am not looking for a drag boat. Just something that will go down the river at a decent speed.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.