Seacast: The Bottom Line

Discussion in 'Materials' started by foca, Jul 15, 2004.

1. ondarvr

ondarvr Senior Member

There are simple ways to get around the problem of too much heat when pouring a thick transom.

You can purchase a resin designed for thick laminates, or switch to a different catalyst that will reduce the peak temperatures dramatically.

2. 21 tunnel hull

21 tunnel hull New Member

seacast

I have a transom filled with seacast , 1976 sleekcraft aristocrat 21 tunnel hull , original motor was 175 black max , you should try it before you knock it , my boat now has a 225 yamaha 50 hp. Overrated hp. 5 years of followng michigan hot boats around there schedule and beating this boat up , i run my boat like i stole it , there are no signs of fatige , no water leakage , no flex solid solid solid , and i do have a seacast sticker on my boat and proud this liquid pourable easy to use faster better stronger product , my next motor on this boat is the massive 350 hp 8 cylinder yamaha monster at 800 lbs. And i trust my transom will hold it , stay tuned " guys"

3. 21 tunnel hull

21 tunnel hull New Member

Seacast is an awesome product , that said my 21 tunnel hull has it in transome 5 years with no sifn a stress , fatige , i have a 225 on a boat ment for 175 tops , agaian i beat on my boat , it is solid , i know for a fact it will hold two duece and a quarters solid strong reliable easy strong , waterproof , the easy makes up for cost , wy would anyone use wood , it will rot ,its weak and it belongs in old scooners did i mention STRONG !

4. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

My little boat is coming up to 12 months now with the solid glass transom and still rock solid. There is definately merit in the idea.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.