Sea sickness

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Manie B, May 4, 2008.

1. TikTok

TikTok New Member

Two things work for me..

Making sure to have a good meal before going out (but nothing greasy).

Ginger - I usually make tea and throw in a few slices of ginger then leave it to steep for a few mins before drinking.

I've so far (touch wood) not had any sea sickness since I started doing the above.. maybe coincidence but I prefer to think I'm cured. ;)

2. Ike

Ike Senior Member

Now that is just plain weird? Underwater. Are you sure it wasn't something you ate?

We used to carry saltine crackers and soda pop around with us. Soaks up the acid and settles the stomach.

I hadn't heard of the ginger thing. WHat ever works.

3. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

From experience that was a greasy bacon sarnie, and much extraction of urine by those not so affected!! Worked - eventually!

Ricks got the right idea! Keep the mind busy - called work I believe [another ex Navy trick - work the little 'sicker' so hard he ain't got time to be sick]!!:D

4. masalai

masalai masalai

Sooo Heinz, I take it you do not go fishing on the boat "Jillian":D:D:D:p

On things Gastronomic - how about live monkeys brains? - - fresh oysters at low tide are magnificent. - - and sea urchins - their roe is quite delicious...

5. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

my dad was the first guy in maine to export sea urchins to japan,,,,,man i miss the rice wine hehe ;)

6. Meanz Beanz

Meanz Beanz Boom Doom Gloom Boom

Nope...

Well I lie a little, we have taken the boat out chasing whales when they come into the bay but apparently we are not allowed to fish for them.

I mess with the website for him, he tows me around when the cats demounted and other practical stuff.

7. safewalrus

Heinz, what size hooks would you use for Whales anyway? and how the hell would you get one in the pan! you'd need a large pan! (sorry I'm having very silly visions of a bloke with a 60 foot diameter frying pan.............he he)

8. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

squid or alot of plankton fer bait?

9. Meanz Beanz

Unless you have a big ship I think you better send them a nicely worded invite to dinner :D and don't write in Norwegian or Japanese, they are touchy!

Seriously they have to be better watched than eaten, amazing creatures to see!

10. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

me,dad,and bout 50 otha guys ended up "rolling" a baby out of the mud and into the channel,,,,man they are coolz hehe ;)

11. Meanz Beanz

There's a story about stranded whales that the locals could not set free, the area had banks that where tricky and the whales kept getting lost and heading back to shore. After a few attempts the local dolphin turned up, a loner that seemed to have adopted the bay and the town, well known, well loved animal. Anyway the dolphin literally chats to the whales and the whales follow it out to sea via the channel leaving locals with jaws on the ground. Something more than we understand was going on there!

Google Moko the Dolphin.

12. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

and they say "we're" smarter hehe ;)

13. safewalrus

s'funny then as HAVE eaten whale tell me how nice it is!! Never had the chance me, pity!! Apparantly it'd better'n ostrich or snake (which is different) the bird's like beef the snakes like chicken?????????? Me I like snake but you don't get to many around here! Wonder why?

14. Meanz Beanz

What about the "death adder" ! I hear it takes a week or two to kill you, maybe.

15. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

i've caught 5 diamond back rattlers since ive been here,,,next 1 im gonna eat hehe :p :D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.