SD - Yipster - so confused...

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Sean Herron, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Hello...

Happy to say that I am becoming comfortable with the basic functions of Rhino - essentially decided that because it can do so many things - I should just use it like a tool and only learn and apply the same functions that I do on the shop floor - sections ands lofts and its inherent 2 rail function suit me fine...

SD - I still cannot create a horizon and clouds in Flamingo - is it viewpoint - is there
    a control for horizon or haze lines - to lazy to read...

More important and don't tell my wife - I plugged my Tonka Man into the old Gecko 14 trimaran and holy lot o' space - and it still looks slick...

So - here is the Defiant monohull against the main hull of the Gecko 14 trimaran...

Where do YOU think my money should get flushed down the toilet...

The Gecko is all mine and the Defiant is my interpretation of Matt Laydens ideas...

Appreciate your input, and any other muck about...

Cheers...

SH.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. LP

LP Flying Boatman

A word from the peanut gallery. I always enjoy reading your threads and viewing your concepts. I think "slick" is the right word. "Gecko" all the way. Innovation leads to advancement.

3. SailDesign

SailDesign Old Phart! Stay upwind..

Dood, that there Gecko's gonna fall over any second now....:)
    I just checked in Rhino/Flamingo, and here goes:
    1. Make sure Flmaingo is the current renderer (that could be a real problem if not)
    2. Right-click on the blue ball icon (Render Properties)
    3. Click the Environment button
    4. Select "Automatic sky" to begin (you'll get fussy later and change out the sickly green unskylike colour they use)
    5. Select "clouds" and play with that screen until happy - yes, you can define haze at the horizon
    6. DO NOT CLICK "OK"!!! Instead, hit the "Main" tab and click on Ground plane. Insert material of choice.
    7. NOW click "OK" and go turn on the sun. I use "direct settings or wahtever it's called.
    8. "OK" out of there and render. Adjust. Repeat until happy with final effects.
    Enjoy!
    Steve

4. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Thanks

Cheers SD...

I know you know that same is the main hull of a 14 foot trimaran - and I know you know that I am to lazy to include all the muck to make floats and connectives...

Even my wife says the mono is a good way to go - ignorance against questioning can achieve very clear answers versus the meriad of 'trained' opinion...

That said - she just knows that I am a lazy ***...

LP - I would like to build the tri. - no question - but I think that I am to LAZY to design and build all the said connectives and other - but thanks...:p

SH.

5. yipster

yipster designer

:) so glad i dont have to join the argument anumore
    on the rhino flamingo combination i envy you guy's

6. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

One more vote for Gecko. Once you get the amas on that'll be one cool little tri, IMHO.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.