Help Identifying a 14' Daysailer

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by JaLuNi, May 10, 2020.

1. JaLuNi

JaLuNi New Member

HI,
    I recently acquired a 14' daysailer that I cannot Identify. I have put in every variation of the hull number that several of us could come up with and every one comes back as an invalid #. None of the sites have given me a hint of which # or letter could be off. The most agreed on Hin is SMN10120S76H.
    It looks similar to an MFG Pintail but is narrower and has a different seat set up. Its 13' 10"' long and 5'-1" wide with a wooden center board and rudder. It has a mainsail and a fractional jib. The sails are Austrailian Racing Design by Atlantic Sails, Portland Me. Probably not original. It is different than anything I have seen. It is going to take some work to get the trailer roadworthy and the boat sea worthy and I am wondering if its worth the time and effort to test it out only to find out it is a real dog or a POS. Any help is greatly appreciated and I can upload photos of specifics if it will help. Thanks again.

Attached Files:

2. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

Welcome to the Forum JLN.
    Your dinghy looks very similar to the Skipper 14, including the cockpit layout and that chine in the hull forward of amidships - however the Skipper has a shallow recessed foredeck, which is the complete opposite to your cuddy cabin.
    https://sailboatdata.com/sailboat/skipper-14

3. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.