How Can I learn to read SLD?

Discussion in 'Education' started by Furry_TR96, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Furry_TR96

Furry_TR96 New Member

Hello All,

My question is relevant to reading and interpretation of pipeline/cargoline/ballastline/HVAC and Electrical/Power Circuit Systems as well as their understanding their single line drawings/ schematics.

How can I educate myself (with online sources and printed materials) to get an understanding towards them and their projects/plans, both for yachts and commercial vessels like oil and chemical tankers?

Any advice or recommendation on this specific topic?

Waiting for your kind opinions, and thank you very much for your valuable contributions.

2. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

Welcome to the Forum.
    If you are not already in school for Marine Engineering; the best I can offer is to become a member of SNAME or RINA and get you hands on their textbooks. (Marine Engineering for SNAME, several different publications for RINA). Not really basic texts, but an educated marine engineer has all that they need to delve into the details.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.