Public Apology...

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Sean Herron, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Hello...

No - I am not on the AA program - yet - but I have been mucking about with one of my own designs today rather than doing promised or paying work...

It was nice to just dream and draw for myself again - and I got to thinking - bad thing to do really - about my most recent rants on photorealism and conceptualization...

Both have their place and I should not go about knocking the mouse jockies who do same...

Perhaps I have become bitter - in this passing year - probably because I get paid to build these damn things everyday - and it all has to be both buildable and rational - and it has to just get done - or nobody gets paid...

So - I apologise to '-7-' and to others that I may have offended - but I will still carry on voicing my opinions either way...

As Popeye would say - 'I am what I am and thats all thats I am'...

As Whimpey would say - 'I would gladly pay you tuesday for a hamburger today'...

Right - said and done - back to work all you mucks...

SH.

2. ted655

ted655 Senior Member

:confused: So.... this '08 will bring less time tilting at windmills & more time smelling the roses?
    While I admit I don't understand the world in your head, I do admire & respect the fact there is no room for bulls**t in it.
    Don't weaken now, hell, you're on the downhill side of the mountain!:)

3. Trevlyns

Trevlyns Senior Citizen/Member

Sean

Let bygones be bygones. In the words of a great song by Whitney Houston’s auntie, Dionne Warwick, “A fool will lose tomorrow, looking out for yesterday” - (I know I’ll never love this way again.)

Thank God (or whoever) that you are a member of the human race. You’re very welcome and have a right to be here amongst the rest of us. We all have our ups, downs, the frustrations, embarrassments...

We fall down, we get up.

Then we get totally stupid about boats! :D

Enjoy the life experience in 2008 – You and every other precious soul on this forum.

4. Sean Herron

Fine...

Hello...

Sometimes I think I need to be more professional - whatever the hell that is - it seems to me - that it is to be a sponge that absorbs and then squirts out ******** - and I just cannot do it...

However - I do have to respect young minds who have not yet had to pay their bills by getting into the reality and the mess of things...

I think I am just jealous of them - I am not bitter - but I hate to see real talent wasted within the arrogant box of pure design - you will not like this - but this is what I mean - talented and ignorantly blissful kids getting head F'cked by their professors who are just collecting a pay cheque...

The above is not always the case - but we all know the cliche - 'those who can do...'

I appreciate the kid who can see something in what they do - and they humble themslves and look to absorb information from the front liners - frontliners - who drink - who smoke - who curse - who build - who bang it out via intuition and learned skills - they know that their inherent talent need to be backed up with reflect practise in the real world - these are good graduates - good students of their chosen profession...

The other camp is the arrogant - who simply cannot understand why we do not accept their nectar - who may in fact be talented - but have done so via heavily masked plagerism...

I will always give my time to a kid who honestly asks a question of me - but I will not give my hard earned bits to a kid that did not show up in steel toes - who wears an Armani sweater - and spews **** from Pro Boatbuilder assuming I have not read same 5 years ago...

As Popeye said - I am what I am - and I made myself - with the help of others...

Ted - you are right - Piss on it - a tosser is a tosser - I do not want to apologise to their level...

I am going to go twiddle some string...:) '

'A fool will lose tommorow - looking out for yesterday' - I get that - I really do - thanks...

Thanks all - I intend to get pissed - I intend to make a fool of myself and DANCE DANCE DANCE...

SH.

1 person likes this.
  5. masalai

masalai masalai

Keep in time with your own music and no need to apologise for that. You are recognised for being a knowledgeable and genuine talent in boat building, intellectual discourse and likeable person with a good heart.

What more is there? (apart from winning the occasional lottery - but for that one needs to buy the occasional ticket)

We all need to "vent the spleen" with verbal diarrhoea or in other non-violent ways. I see no value in physical violence towards another life-form.

6. Pericles

Pericles Senior Member

Masalai.

Mosquitoes?

Pericles

7. masalai

masalai masalai

Do I really have to qualify and explain in detail the last sentence? Ho well here goes, 'till I loose interest - short attention span........

Some things who are (Note the"who") in the category "eating you", may be justified as attacking retribution, but only minimum effort necessary, then, plant matter when needed for food or control of access to resources - minimums again. For food and also shelter likewise conserving resources - it may be useful/needed in the future......... Get the drift? Leave a footprint, not a dessert full of garbage.

8. Pericles

Pericles Senior Member

M,

That's too long an answer. Happy New Year. :D

Pericles

9. masalai

masalai masalai

Man of brevity & wit

more brownie points refused "must spread around first :( :D

10. kach22i

kach22i Architect

No apology required, I'm sure the example you have set for your students will soon have them become bitter old men in no time.:D

Just kidding.

You wear your soul on the outside, a good way to lose it or have it get all tarnished.

Sensitive artistic designers, what to do with them? Are you trying to make the world become a better place?

Keep dancing, and get your ya-ya's out.;)

11. Sean Herron

Bah...

Hello...

You know what - piss on them all - if they are so ignorant that they can lay out thousands of borrowed money - per daddy or other - on a piss in the *** education - a silver spoon in their throat - and not know when they are getting taken for a ride - F'ck em all...

There you go Ted - F'ck em - they do not deserve to participate on the floor of people who do same every damned day - unless they are looking for information to validate themselves against our daily mucking asses - against the academic critique they receive is their precious schools which is so insular and protected by Design Speak...

If they are so sensitive - at a time when they should be absorbing real world information - then they are ignorant and arrogant - and should just F'ck off - and go work for Channel...

I loved the kid who came to the floor - and said 'show me' - he was a threat to me - but we worked it out...

Thanks Ted - piss on 'em all.

We build boats - and it is a hard go...

SH.

12. masalai

masalai masalai

13. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

These threads always make my brain hurt.

I try very hard to understand the mind behind them. It like a raging fire being blown by the wind. I give up, Im a far too simple man to try.

I would just like to say 'work to live not live to work'

It has never crossed my mind that students may or may not be able to uphold there positions in life. Some or most will always fall by the wayside. I don't care, I don't want to care.

The burdon of responsability assumed to cunjure thoughts such as these is just too much.

Wheres my beer?

14. Sean Herron

Whimpey..

Hello Frosty...

I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today...

Work to live - spot on...

Happy new - or just another year...

SH.

15. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

There goes that raging fire again, I can see it quite clearly, yes it is there, I can feel the heat.

Just cant seem to see whats fueling it!!

Popey and Bluto were real people. A tug boat driver on a river near Sturgess in USA . Actually Bluto was called Brutus but Olive oil was real too.

Both men would constantly fight over Olive oils affections when both happened to be in town.

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.