SBC motor mount width and height

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Sands, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Sands

Sands Junior Member

Wondering if anybody knows the motor mount width and the crank height above the mount location for a small block chevy based marine engine?

2. Sands

Sands Junior Member

Anybody?

3. grady

grady Novice

Well, what I can tell you is my current boat has engine bearers that are 8" tall, and that the oil pan sets roughly 4" to 5" off the hull bottom. As far as the crank height, my best guess is that it's almost in line with the top of the mounts. HOPE THIS HELPS.

Best Regards

Grady

4. grady

grady Novice

After rereading your question, it seems like your looking for the mount width not it's height. I just happen to have a brand new 5.7 volvo-penta in the garage. So if you need any specific measurements just post with new info.
    And I'll take the box off in the am and get those figures for you.

5. Sands

Sands Junior Member

That would be great!

6. grady

grady Novice

Hey sands, how goes it? Sorry for the delay, but My project just went into paint phase and the prep work has been a little daunting.

Anyway the actual mount width is 2-1/4" and they are appox 25" apart outside edge to outside edge.

And the crank appears to be in line with the top of the mount where the rubber sections seperate the two halves.

Hope this is helpful, the motor is still in the crate and is difficult to measure

lots of luck

Grady

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.