samson c-quinn 44

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by ironmatar, Sep 26, 2007.

1. ironmatar

ironmatar Junior Member

is there and reliable info on the samson c-quinn 44 cutters avaliable somewhere iv ben digging around but not finding even many pictures....there is one local to me for sale but i wanted to find out more about their history in general if i could somewhere

2. SammieJ

SammieJ New Member

Ferro?

Hello Ironmater,

I don't know about the c-quinn in particular, but I had/built a samson c-bird (38ft sloop) some years ago. They are ferro-cement designs.

The samson boats were, if I remember correctly, designed in Canada but I'm not sure that the design house exists any more. The plans were sold as stock plans and anyone could build them - professional or amateur.

If you're thinking about buying one, there are a few things to look for when assessing the hull and you would do well to have a look on the web for info on ferro boats - there are a couple of good sites with loads of info. You may well find someone who already has a c-quinn and they will be better placed to tell you more about them.

Good luck
    S

3. darr

darr Open Minded

We currently are finishing the rebuild of our Samson C-Ranger. I have found that some of the plans went to the ferro shop down in Australia and some went to a designer out of Canada. Samson offered plans for ferro, fer-a-lite, glass and wood for some of the models.

I will try to look up the contact info for the two designers. I recently purchased a partial set of plans for our C-Ranger in Fer-A-Lite from the Canadanian designer.

You can also find pictures of the C-Quinn with some layouts in "How to build a Ferro-Cement boat" by Samson / Wellens, the later edition, the first did not include the C-Quinn.

4. darr

darr Open Minded

Please forgive the butchery of spelling for Canadian

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.