Carbon masts

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by wayne nicol, Feb 5, 2024.

1. wayne nicol

wayne nicol Senior Member

hi all,
    i have a design by a NA, for masts, spars and booms for my cat schooner build.
    all dimensions and layup are there.
    where can i find a manufacturer to build said mast's etc in carbon
    i would assume one that is prepared to take on the one off build.

Attached Files:

2. Paul Scott

Paul Scott Senior Member

These guys have made nice masts for me, a freestanding very stiff mast for a standing lug rig (14” bury, ~20’ long) , a bipod strut setup, 20’ long, bipod at about 5’, for a dipping lug proa, and a rotating wing mast folding Gunter rig, 30’ long, with boom. Beautiful craftsmanship, easy to deal with, smart, and creative. Don’t know if they ship to Canada, but a phone call wouldn’t hurt….

(I might be willing to part with the twenty foot freestanding mast- it was intended for a Goat Island Skiff type rig on a 16 foot sailing canoe with two 4’ hiking wings, with a lot of downhaul to deal with sail twist control, so the thing is very stiff, no taper, about 20 pounds, barely used since a move happened right in the middle of things, and sailing priorities changed)

Forte Carbon Fiber Products | Mast Section Diagrams https://fortecarbon.com/marine/mast-sections/

Last edited: Feb 7, 2024
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.