Central Illinois volunteers needed

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by nero, Jun 4, 2007.

1. nero

nero Senior Member

This Saturday I will wet-out the side of my catamaran hull. If there are any amature boat builders, curious people, or otherwise interested people willing to volunteer please contact me by Private Message or reply.

It will be hands-in experience mixing epoxy, mixing silica filler, wetting-out uni glass and biaxel glass over a wood hull. The glass will all ready be dry layed and in place already.

Will take about 5 hours of work. Plan on starting at 13:00. The place is just outside Windsor, Illinois 61957.

The photo is of the other side of this hull. I glassed it with my wife. There was just the two of us. Worked well but needed a third person from time to time.

Thanks in advance

nero

Attached Files:

2. nero

nero Senior Member

Another picture. This is the side that will be glassed this Saturday. Doped it today will sand it tomorrow.

Attached Files:

3. nero

nero Senior Member

dry glassed and stuck

Here is the current stage of evolution. Glass is in place and ready to be wet out.

Thanks to y'all who have expressed interest in helping. Hopefully, we will find a good date for everyone.

Attached Files:

4. nero

nero Senior Member

Today is finally the day! It took a while to find help. Having a go at it with two local teenagers. Results posted tomorrow.

Kick off is at 12:30 ... just in case anyone wants to come. (laugh)

5. nero

nero Senior Member

day after

Glassed! Long day, but it is done.

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.