Sailing Pram recommendations?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by GTS225, Jun 14, 2011.

1. GTS225

GTS225 Junior Member

Considering building a sailing pram that I can take to sheltered waters or lazy rivers.
    Something on the order of http://www.boatplans.dk/boat_plans.asp?id=4.
    I can do without the cabins, and the low profile of the transom bothers me, but the rest of the package has a certain appeal.

I have in mind something in the thirteen to fifteen foot range, with a (relatively) flat bottom. I would like it to be capable of handling a small outboard or electric trolling motor, and perhaps be able to be fitted with oarlocks. Decked or open is optional, but I suspect open hull would be a bit more forgiving for a sailing beginner.

I do have some skill at woodworking, but a simpler build would be more appealing, perhaps in plywood.

Will consider any recomendations someone may wish to make, even if it's your own plans set that you may be peddling.

Thanks much.....Roger