Sailing Experience

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Fanie, Nov 25, 2007.

1. masalai

masalai masalai

I'm not complaining, I just got "beeped" on your post so had a look. I am happy to wait for your "in due course".

2. tuks

tuks Junior Member

Thats pretty big, I hope you have a big pool. Looks good Fanie.

3. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Sorry Masalai... it's Tuks who wanted some visible evidence :D

Tuks, if it doesn't fit in the pool I'll first float the front and then the rear :D but it will be to determine the draft so I'm sure the amas sits at the correct hight.

It actually looks bigger than what it was originally drawed to be. I made it deeper to trim the edges shallower, but I like the outcome of it and may leave it like it is. This way you can load more fishing gear ;) The idea is it should be comfy for two persons to fish from.

I also think that a little 2hp outboard (with a max of 140hp of course ;)) could add a nice touch in case there's no wind.

4. masalai

masalai masalai

You could almost fit a record breaking marlin in there !!???

Is oright, I am a benevolent ******* (sometimes)

5. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Wouldn't mind try fitting the marlin of course... someone told me the Zambezi sharks have a Yamaha built into it's butt (it's that strong a swimmer) so that one and the Hammerhead is on my to-do list amongst about 472 885 269 and-a-halve other fishes. ;) I may have to apply for a special fishing licence :D

Wow... wait a minute. If I put them all back, it would be like stocking the coastline with fish ! I should get paid for that, no ?

6. masalai

masalai masalai

7. masalai

masalai masalai

I'd post you brownie points but havn't fugured out how yet (or are they bad points for swearing etc?) I got 71 somehow? & it doesn't count separate posts to the same site - see above??? still holding 526????

8. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Mr Lee, that took me sometime as well! See the top right hand corner of the post above the info (in the border) there's a number (number of post in that chain) yhen the words "post Feedback" and a funny little button! left click that bit and do as it sez! Easy........................ when you know how!

9. masalai

masalai masalai

Thanks to wally the walrus, saves the day again (posthumously to an end of world adventurer) for a slip of the tongue tween brain & teeth he he.

10. masalai

masalai masalai

So you mean, I can sing and heap praises on myself??? Oooh that is soooo self gratifying. Now with a blow up doll like westie has, Oh and to pinch his other (full) bottle of Whiskey, I will almost be set for a solo-round-the-world-cruise?

11. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Hi guys. So Masalai, you want me to start smoking now ? The wooden shiny boat on your link is not me. Would make a nice braai (barbeque) instead.

I get bored pretty quickly if I just sit and do nothing, so I hope one can do other things other than just sitting and smoking under way. That's probably why all these mega yachts have the nice bikini girls on them... it's to show you won't get bored when you go somewhere.

We don't fish like how you think we do. Most of the time we throw and retreive lures so you want both hands free.

Since the two of you seems really bored, won't you old clever and salted sea hands make a nice picture of a boat with ALL the different parts names on it so I (and the new guys) can print it out and use the correct terminology and so learn by it... Be forever gratefull to you ;)

The Little Tri got it's four layers on the centre hull. It's still green but it already makes a nice klonking sound if you knock on it. Since the fiberglass bonds permanent to the foam, once an inside layer or two is in (sand witching) :rolleyes:, the hull would be very stiff

Tuks, the pool is 6m long so the centre hull could float on it. I wonder if this would count for experience... The two amas would have to take turns though. I need another fat guy like me so I can determine the waterline for the amas position. Any vo lun teers ?

12. masalai

masalai masalai

Hay were are the tickets? Wots rong with philamon? as ballast to test your waterline I mean, not to bathe in the pool, but then you could practice for that big marlin?

There is a canoeist who regularly catches big fish and gets his pic in the "where the fish are biting" segment after the local weather forcast. He trawls a lure whilst paddling at about 4knots (an exercise freak?)

13. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Don't worry... I'll get the neighbour. I'll use bricks, pieces of iron and building rubble before I get philamon... be less damaging to the hull.

Te-he... the neighbour behind us peeped over the wall when we were testing some lures in the pool a while back. Thought he was very clever... asked with a snug grin if we cought anything. I told him he was the first :D Doesn't ask any more, just says hello, maybe he hasn't figured it out yet :rolleyes:

We have those nutty guys here too... at the coast it's the canoe guys... inland the bicycle guys.

14. masalai

masalai masalai

Fishing from a bicycle? Amazing, catching philamon?

15. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

No man, car fenders. Out on the water it may be you give way to the sailing vessel, on the road however the biggest heaviest vehicle rules.

1 person likes this.