Sailcloth specs

Discussion in 'Materials' started by danielro, Jan 6, 2006.

1. danielro

danielro Junior Member

Hello, i'm doing a comparison study on sailcloth used in a traditional boat competition here in Canary Island and i've trying to find sailcloths specs (stretch, elongation) of not squared polyester woven, Pentex and Kevlar Laminate in the net but it's almost impossible (really impossible) to find this data in the few companies webpages doing sailcloth today.
    I suppose that the sailmakers has this information but i don't understand why it's so, so ... TOP SECRET...
    Anyone can help me??
    Thanks in advance.
    Daniel Rguez. Las Palmas.

2. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

Have you tried contacting them directly? I mean, giving some big sail-lofts or manufacturers a phone call? Maybe they just doesn't put it out for everyone, but will be willing to send it to you if you ask for it.

Andre

3. quicksail

quicksail Junior Member

Talk to sailcloth manufacturer's like dimension or bainbridge. They are not affiliated with any sailmaker but provide most well known lofts with cloth. They should have any info you require.

Cheers

4. danielro

danielro Junior Member

5. danielro

danielro Junior Member