Extending Glassmaster S258 4ft

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by JohnnyO, May 20, 2008.

1. JohnnyO

JohnnyO Junior Member

Long Time Lurker - 1st time poster.

I recently purchased a Glassmaster S258 Aft Cabin out of Miami.

I have a family with 5 boys and was looking for something to "butcher" / modify for a combo camping / putting vessel for the lakes and rivers around our area.

I will be posting pictures of the 25ft GM in the next few days and then describe what I am wanting to do. I have recently yanked out the Mercruiser and stern drive as I will be replacing with a diesel inboard.

My current plans are to add 4ft to the stern in as close as possible the same shape as the rest of the boat, but with a sealed aluminum construction to add addtional floatation. I will only be coming up 3ft from the water line and will have a deck for seats (like on our pontoon boat)...

I am not planning on going more then 8kts - 12kts max... This going to be just a "putter" ... The small diesel is to make it economical for long range multi-week trips down the ICW.

IF someone has done this type of work - adding length to the stern of a boat, I'd like your input and critique as this project progresses. Any and all input from anyone is welcomed.

Warm Regards and look forward to participating here finally :)

JohnnyO
    Lake Arthur, Louisiana 70549

2. tomherrick

tomherrick Junior Member

Johnny O,

Did you ever extend your Glassmaster? I'm considering adding four feet to a 22-foot C-Dory and would like to hear how your project went.

Thanks,

Tom Herrick

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.