Planning Mini 650 - could it be a good hull?

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by kvsgkvng, Feb 23, 2014.

1. kvsgkvng

kvsgkvng Senior Member

I am looking for any opinion. It is supposed to be light composite sandwich hull shown on the attached video (it is h.264 - remove ".avi" extension). Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Baltic Bandit

Baltic Bandit Previous Member

All mini's are designed to plane, what's unique about this hull? what's your intended usage?

3. kvsgkvng

kvsgkvng Senior Member

There is nothing unique about this hull from the point of design. The use would be exactly to compete. I am just asking any opinion if the hull shape does appear viable because I was trying to comprehend this topic and "designed" this hull myself. I am looking for someone who would either confirm it or point to some details I overlooked. By viewing the attached analysis video, someone with more knowledge would be able to see obvious mistakes which I just could miss. Thank you.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.