Saddam Husseins yacht for sale

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by DanishBagger, Dec 17, 2007.

1. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

For a measly £17 million you can be the owner of Saddam Husseins yacht, now renamed "Ocean Breeze".

It was built by the danish Helsingør Værft (Elsinore Shipyard) in 1981, but was never delivered to Iraq.

More information here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/12/17/wsaddam117.xml

And here are the specs plus some pictures directly from the broker showing the style (or lack thereof) of the interior:

http://www.burgessyachts.com/SaleAn...ID=4100&YachtType=Motor&YachtName=OCEANBREEZE

2. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Why not? Guess he won't be needing it any more! There again his relief probably will!

3. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

Well, of course it's sold off. I merely thought it was a chance to have a look-see at some recent history "in the flesh", so to speak.

4. masalai

masalai masalai

Pity he didn't pay his bills then it could go real cheap? spoils of war (losing it anyway?) Is that a nice toy or IS THAT A NICE TOY!

5. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

Well, Masalai, it looks like crap on the inside – I'm much in favour of modern, simplistic, and functional, rather than oppulent, superfluous, and glossy. On the other hand, those gold faucets might be worth something on the grey market.

6. charmc

charmc Senior Member

I agree about the interior. Looks like a mid-level chain hotel, in which overstuffed furnishings and thicker carpet and drapes try to make up for the fact that the property is basically ... basic.

Timing was pretty bad, no wonder he never took delivery. He spent until 1988 getting the snot beat out of his forces by the Iranians, who would have loved to put an Exocet up his stern if he ever brought it into the Gulf. Invasion of Kuwait didn't work out too well, and it was all downhill from then.

Advice to yards taking yacht orders from despots: get the funds up front. :rolleyes: :D

7. masalai

masalai masalai

I agree with the non shipshape sentiments, I was only thinking, as a dirty old *******, of the tittie pulling power, then when the boat got dirty (as in needed cleaning) give it away, or sell it to a sucker/punter. I.E. good as a toy.

I could easily imagine all the drivel thread guys and like minded, having an absolute ball 'till the fridges emptied (see para above)

Oh well dream over!

8. Kay9

Kay9 1600T Master

His estate also has a lot of "like new" AK-47 for sale. Never fired and only dropped once.

9. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

For a guy that gold plated everything... including his AK47... I wouldnt be surprise of his suttle tatse

10. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Woder if he had gold plated thumbscrews in the 'restrooms' to assist the ladies in their choices for the night?

guess his lack of taste is down to his initial training - he was (like many others) trained by the ******* was he not or did they just get him the job - whoops shouldn't have mentioned that!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.