ventilation propeller problem

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by dimitriosa, Dec 5, 2005.

1. dimitriosa

dimitriosa New Member

hello

i have an inflatable boat 7,oo meters with a mariner long shaft outboard 200hp.(1996 model)
    i recently put a static cmc aluminum braket (9 inch) and i have a problem with my 21 aluminum propeller...when i rich the 5400 rpm its taking air and goes at 6000-6500 rpm....(trim all down)
    i have put the engine 7.5 cm highter than before (the bracket) and i CANNOT lower the engine....to fix my problem..
    so i either change the motor from a long shaft to an extra long (and iearn 12.5cm )but its an expencive way or i am looking for something else like the permatrim solution (M9?)
    i forgot to tell you that i have no trim anymore (when i touch the trim button to rise the motor even 1 cm ,the proptakes air ...or even i turn the boat a litle the prop takes air...)
    i thing i need 4 cm lowring the motor to have no problem but i CANT.....)
    thank you in advance
    dimitrios archolekas

2. ABoatGuy

ABoatGuy Member

3. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

This is probably far more expensive and complex than you're thinking of, but have you looked at a hydraulic jack plate? Might help get the motor down a bit....

4. dimitriosa

dimitriosa New Member

i cant put an hydravlic jackplate cause (i fotgot to tell you that the excaust is really close to the water so i cant get down) its a long shaft motor to an extra long trancom.....

5. cyclops

cyclops Senior Member

Why did you put the motor 7.5 cm higher to get a deeper propellor?-------Does the boat look level from outside of it with a normal load or does it ride front down?

6. dimitriosa

dimitriosa New Member

before the bracket (9 inch back) it was balanced...after the bracket in a calm sea and not running seems to be overloaded back...the excaust hole is close to the sea (4 inches now,,) so i cant go one hole down to earn one inch....
    iam afraid of water in the pistons....
    i made it to earn the place infront the motor head where i put a refreferator for fishes.....

7. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Get rid of the bracket, and build a platform over the engine for the fish box.

8. Captain T

Captain T Guest

You can take it a wee bit slower, stay on your plane.
    Most waste fuel by taking it to WOT or near it, the loss in mph is negligible anyway as long as you maintain a plane.
    Put her on plane, back off till you lose the plane, then find the rpm that 'JUST' keeps you on the plane; save mucho fuel and will not eliminate the ventilation, not on turns, but will discourage it big-time.
    Cavitation is much more serious, prop damage.
    Captain Lee