Hull Restoration Wolverine

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by RandyS, Jun 22, 2007.

1. RandyS

RandyS Junior Member

Hi all,
    Last Aug. I posted a thread on a Wolverine Wagemaker. I finally picked it up. Now the fun starts. From what I have been told this is a cedar lapstrake bottom over molded plywood. I am looking at stripping it. From the searches I have seen here I believe that using a heat gun would be the best solution. I want to try to maintain the wood grain above the water line and not effect that coating if at all possible. To see the boat search for Wolverine Wagemaker. I don't know what the cedar might be caulked with, will it be O.K. to use a heat gun for stripping? I would not want to boil out any sealant. I think a heat gun would be fast and localized. I just want to strip the waterline and below. Am I on the right path? Once I open it up I will need some help with any repairs also. Thanks, Randy