Rybo Runner Repower

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Luis A Leon, Dec 12, 2006.

1. rybo30

rybo30 Junior Member

Drop me your email and I will send some recent pics of the shed and boat. Must admit that the progress has slowed yet I hope to get back on it after the graduation season with the kids. What power does yours have? I am converting from inboards to OB and very interested in configuration of wt. I live in Marlton and have a family house in OC where the boat will eventually be docked. Tom

2. fishing1

fishing1 fishing1

rksnowbiz@aol.com
    My project has slowed for the obvious reasons as well. I have put the garage construction in front of the boat work. I will start working on it again in July if garage goes well.
    I have not powered it yet. Items yet to finish: electrical, electronics, motors, new t top and hard top, leaning post/ live well, rear bench seat. upholstry, new armstrong brackett etc small stuff.
    I was going to power with E-tecs but now am considering mercury verados. Weight is a big issue. I understand from another long time Rybo owner that I should be very aware of trying to improve the weight issue in the rear of the boat due to low scupper location.
    I live in Beesleys Point just outside of OC. I am in OC all of the time. When your down next give me a call and I can show you what I have done so far. The boat is located in Marmora in a metal building. I have relocated batteries forward as well as oil tank. Have always been considering a water tank forward to counter balance but this can always be done later after I know how it rides. Drop me an email and I will get you my cell. Russell

3. ThomasJ

ThomasJ New Member

Rybo Outboard Bracket

My Rybo project didn't work out, so I have an original factory outboard bracket for sale. It has been totally redone and powder coated to match Awlgrip color "Cream." Looks like new. $3,000 OBO. If anyone is interested, reply with your e-mail address and I can send you some photos. Thanks.
    Tom

4. rybo30

rybo30 Junior Member

5. kburrow

kburrow New Member

Is it still for sale??? What about the rest of the boat ..... Do you have pictures

6. kburrow

kburrow New Member

My Email is kevinburrow@live.com please get back to me asap i would like to buy the entire thing from you

7. dlbarb

dlbarb New Member

Dry Stacking a rybo with both steps vented

Any doing or have done this with success? I just purchased and would like to have my boat stacked at a marina that uses forlifts to put in and take out. Any suggestions tips lifting locations etc. is appreciated.

8. Jack Enoch

Jack Enoch New Member

Anyone still active on this thread?
    I have an '88 Rybo Runner in very good shape. Deep blue Imron hull--boat is beautiful. It is one of the two Rybo Runners pictured in the giant Rybovich book a few years ago.
    I have owned boat 4 years, and am the 5th owner.
    First owner was Blue Water Yachts in Hampton, VA, and it was used as their show boat for a few years..
    I am currently powered by two 1997 Mercury 225 EFI's, and they are getting long in the tooth. I would like very much to repower with a couple of Verado four-strokes but I am uncertain regarding the extra 300-400 lbs of weight.
    Does anyone have any actual experience with this?
    Thanks in advance.....

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  9. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

On a boat of that size (33 feet ?? ) it shouldn't make that much difference so what hp mercs you looking at ?? stand a few big people in the back of the boat to equal the extra weight and see what it goes down by !! maybe only and inch and a bit if that !! newer motors and more power underway its all trim-able so wont be a worry ! check out Boattest .com for more motor info and economics !! or try "the Hull truth ":) check the size of your existing fuel lines to what could be needed for bigger motors !!

10. Jack Enoch

Jack Enoch New Member

Thank you.
    I suspect you are correct on all counts.
    My next step is to find a couple of heavy guys and see what the additional weight does to the trim--especially because I've got scuppers not too far above the waterline on the transom.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.