Running Freeship on a Mac without windows!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by m4tt, Feb 9, 2011.

1. m4tt

m4tt New Member

Hi all,

This is my first post (or atleast in a long time) and I think it's a pretty exciting one. Ive been thinking about designing a boat for a few years and I've done a few sketches, read a few books, and spent alot of time browsing this forum. However, I was never able to do modeling because I have a Mac. Well, I have found a way to do it and its REALLY simple. There is a company that makes a program that allows you to install and run PC programs (freeship in this case) on a mac. Its by CodeWeaver and its called CrossOver. I have no clue how it works but it seems like magic. Im using the trial right now but everything installed and it looks like i can start learning about freeship. Ill let you guys know how it goes but this seems to be VERY cool. Found the program in Information week a few days ago and I thought some of you might be happy to hear about this. Now I have to learn about Freeship!

Matt

2. Boston

Boston Previous Member

way to go
    I'm a devoted MAC user and find myself somewhat constrained by my cheap *** nature from buying expensive programs. Free is, well free. So thanks for the info

cheers
    B

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.