Mast jack question

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Windvang, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Windvang

Windvang Yacht Designer

I am planning on replacing the rigging of a 40' er with an experimental type of PBO. As the new rigging has no turnbuckles (that experimental :cool:) I need to tension the rig with a hydraulic mast jack and have to convert the (aluminium) mast and mast step.

As I have never seen such a system I would appreciate it if anybody has any pictures or a description of such a system.

TIA,
    Arthur

2. Pelle

Pelle Naval Architect

Here are a few pics of a very crude but cheap system we built for an ILC-40 about 10 years ago. We had a solid steel bar through the hole in the mast and then shims under the mast step so we could remove the cylinders and pump when sailing. The cylinders and pump came from DIY-kit for auto body work and the whole setup cost max 200$

Attached Files:

3. Windvang

Windvang Yacht Designer

Just what I was looking for, thanks!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.