Rubbing out the Nibs in Awlgrip

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by TripleCrownNC, Apr 29, 2008.

1. TripleCrownNC

TripleCrownNC Junior Member

You guys kept me going, I would not have given up just yet but I was struggling. Like I suggested above, I would not be surprised if the story is still not complete. Maybe I was chasing round some silicone or something, after all this is a 17 year old boat. When I go on to other parts of the boat I may be having trouble again. I sure hope not. I also think something was up with me wiping with 08 and it getting so tacky. How in the world can awgrip be telling me to do this if its going to reactivate the last surface?

I solve formulation problems for a living and know all too well it might not be what it seems at first. This is one reason I was not pointing at the paint right away.

I do appreciate all the help and I learned a lot. Thanks!

2. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

we were saving all them "ideas" up for a few people,,,make us seem smarter to more people,,but now ya ruined that,,hehe
    ohhh,,,Your Welcome,,,any time hehe ;)

3. Kaptin-Jer

Kaptin-Jer Semi-Pro

He didn't say anything about paying our consultant fees. Another dead beat. We keep running into them around here. Gotta find a new line of work.

4. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

how'd ya like to invest in poultry? hehe ;)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.