fairing and paint

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by mat j, Apr 24, 2011.

1. mat j

mat j New Member

im working repainting my hull with awlgrip having a pro spray it but i am getting most the prep work done myself. I have the hull sanded and my transom is bare fiberglass. there are alot of little spots in the hull sides that need to be filled from deep scratches mainly. I am planning on using awl fair and 545 for primer.

I just need some guidance as i am unsure of what steps to take. Do I need to prime my bare fiberglass transom before using the fairing? and should i just fill the spots in my hull and let the shop do the final sand?

2. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

If you have bare glass use Duratech on the whole hull ! It hi builds and can paint anything at all over the top . Trick is to make it fill even better is add some Q cells to the duatech and it fills even better , Then finish off once you have sanded with straight Duratech ,Block sand the lot with wet and dri !!!! ;):):p:p