Rowboat pics and approx. cost

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by astevens, Nov 10, 2013.

1. AnthonyW

AnthonyW Senior Member

Ahh... but it will have outriggers as it will be a trimaran. (Rowboat is hopeful secondary - but removable 'outriggers' for rowing will need to be added.) I am dismembering a catamaran to this end. Idea is to assemble on the beach with two cat ketch rigs - free standing - attached to the frame and not the main hull. Main hull sits underneath. But it does seem fine as a rower - well not brilliant in modified form and Paul had some reservations about my modifications in terms of also being a row boat - but very adequate as a secondary role I would think given my experience. And it will make a nice motor canoe with a small engine.

But my point was that Paul has some really nice rowing designs, many have been built. He is also happy to modify and lend his expertise.

2. NoEyeDeer

NoEyeDeer Senior Member

Ok, using it as a tri makes sense.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.