Walker Bay dinghy.

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Mychael, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Mychael

Mychael Mychael

I have a 10foot Walker Bay Original which I use as a tender for my boat.
    Although I only bought the basic model it does have the provision to accept the inflatable tube and a sailkit.

My questions are, has anyone got a before and after experience of the Walker Bay with and without the tube fitted? I'm speaking in the context of them having used it as a dinghy/tender with a small outboard motor fitted.
    I run a 3Hp motor on mine.I find mine motors quite well and serves my needs but it does list quite easily and operating solo with only my weight and that of the motor it tends to ride quite high in the bow.

The second part of my question is about the sailkit. Now I don't want to sail it but I can purchase the daggerboard as a seperate item.Has anyone had any experience useing the daggerboard? Does it give anymore directional stability to the dinghy? I believe the daggerboard is made of aluminiun, is it hollow or solid? How easy it it to fit and remove? Can it be fitted once the boat is floating in the water?

Mychael

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.