Rough water runabouts

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Jackie3, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Loveofsea

Loveofsea New Member

Beautiful looking boat!

But it doesn't really look like a rough water runabout. How far ofshore has that boat been? Do you run the seas in it?

just curious~

2. Jango

Jango Senior Enthusiast

My Runabout has never seen the sea. To date, has only run on the Ohio. Has encountered some 3' - 4' swells from tug boats and waves from paddle wheelers and other boats. Fresh water Boat only.

3. baddawg29

baddawg29 New Member

Good runabout design

Hey Jackie Im not sure if you are still looking for a fast boat but in my oppinion the best one I have found so far is now called a riviera but originally it was called a roughwater its found in the miami area and there was only about seven or eight built they are 17' 8" and are very similar to a donzi but the bottom is slightly different and they are a very smooth and stable ride at high rates of speed mine does 86 mph by way of handheld gps and it was very difficult to find this boat im 28 years old and i have been on the water my entire life and i have personally only seen two of these boats and now that I own one ill never own any other but this is an oppinion and everyone is entitled to thier own but if you can ever find one of these boats im sure you will be pleased.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.