Harmonic pressure distribution

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Van Nostrum, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Van Nostrum

Van Nostrum Junior Member

Modern design problems stem from a failure to recognise harmonic pressure distribution and live by standard foiling pressure laws. Just as there are three entities in the gravity acceleration vector, there are three vectors in harmonic pressure distribution. This is because of the secret principle of harmonic lift dynamics.

Many have ridiculed Michel because he knows too much about harmonic pressure distribution and the law of aquatic lift dynamics, however eminent researchers throughout history all agree that the integral principle of high speed foiling pressure distribution is the guiding principle of harmonic pressure distribution. When they adjusted the sine wave to destroy its alignment with the laws of harmonic pressure distribution, the result was a substantial loss of performance in foiling vessels.

The principle of downpressure totality is encoded in the hexadecimal expansion of pi. Using this I believe all modern problems can be traced to the failure to recognise water ballasted foiling dinghies and Michel's law of aquatic lift dynamics.

2. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Damn...so that's why my piano didn't float....:(

3. Tim B

Tim B Senior Member

It's not often that I dismiss something with no second thought, but this guy (Van Nostrum) is clearly a total idiot. If he would like to see me take back that comment, then he'd better produce some damn convincing results. If not, could I suggest that he be moderated.

Tim B.

4. chandler

chandler Senior Member

Is that what it is Bergalia? Mine won't either!

5. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Come now Tim, having him 'moderated' is a bit severe...We had it done to our cat and it just 'growed and growed...'
    Perhaps we should just ensure he carries a packet of condums every time he's let out....:(

6. Van Nostrum

Harsh words there Tim!

I had an idea that I would be ridiculed as well, however like Michel I do believe in the laws of harmonic pressure distribution, and I will not be silenced.

Most often those that ridicule the laws of harmonic pressure distribution are those who cannot understand what is being discussed, or those who feel threatened by the potential of harmonic pressure distribution, when you research the area of high speed foiling you will find only brief references to harmonic pressure distribution, I have been researching the area of harmonic pressure distribution for over 10 years, so despite what the naysayers will say harmonic pressure distribution is infact one of the secrets to achieving high speed foiling without cavitation.

Kind Regards,
    Martin

7. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Yeh, OK Tim - let's have him modified. You hold him steady while I wield the axe... :mad:

8. Tim B

Tim B Senior Member

I wasn't ridiculing him, I was merely saying he's talking a load of crap. It was only when Bergalia took my moderating comment comment the wrong way that I started laughing.

About that moderation... I have a nice 20 oz masonary hammer downstairs. Sharp end or blunt end?

On a more serious note, it would appear that I have a mouse. does anyone have a good way of getting rid of them without costing me huge amounts of money?

Tim B.

9. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

I am prepared to listen..Van Nostrum.Would you give a practical working example.

10. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Blunt end I think, Tim. Just to teach him the seriousness of his transgression. And about the mice - I suggest you read them Van Nostrum's original mail - that should send them packing....:D

11. yokebutt

yokebutt Boatbuilder

Mr Van Nostrum, would you care to explain exactly what "harmonic pressure distribution" is?

Yoke.

12. Van Nostrum

Harmonic pressure distribution is derived from the principles of aquatic lift, when high velocity is expected in foil born vessels the pressure distribution must align perfectly with the harmonic, otherwise well known issues such as cavitation cause foiling vessels to become inefficient at extremely high speeds.

The harmonic can be calculated using the sine wave of the differential between the velocity required for the boundary layer to become turbulent and the velocity at which cavitation occurs with alpha set to +1degree. Applying this sine wave through a multidimensional matrix returns the harmonic pressure distribution. When a foiling vessel is designed and constructed obeying the laws of harmonic pressure distribution and utilising the stored energy of watter ballast only then can the 50 knot barrier be broken! not only will it be broken it will be smashed. Thus far my tests have shown that foil born sailing vessels can achieve velocities in excess of 70 knots!

13. Tim B

Tim B Senior Member

hummm, this still sounds like rubbish to me, since "Classical" ie. Newtonian physics states that Force Up = Force Down for an object to stay where it is. If that is the case then m*g = SUM( P * Area ). As we all know, too small a pressure causes cavitation, and this is usually due to a suction peak at the leading edge of the foil. as the speed increases, the v^2 term in the equation for pressure ( 1/2 * rho * v^2 * Cp ) tends to get very big indeed, Cp will drop to very low levels, and we see a very small suction peak, that can easily be sustained.

Any "harmonics" (ie. wiggles) in a pressure distribution should be treatedwith extreme caution, unless there is a reasonable cause for it.

I hope this explains something to those who may otherwise be taken in by this gentleman's ideas,

Tim B.

14. jam007

jam007 Junior Member

"The harmonic can be calculated using the sine wave of the differential between the velocity required for the boundary layer to become turbulent and the velocity at which cavitation occurs with alpha set to +1degree. Applying this sine wave through a multidimensional matrix returns the harmonic pressure distribution."

And by reading the bible/tora/koran or whatever book you want in the "right" way you can find the holy grail...

This is not physics it´s just mumbo jumbo...

Either talk sensible or shut up.

Anders M

15. Van Nostrum

As I have mentioned earlier in this thread, I was expecting to be ridiculed, however only by people who fail to understand the principles involved in harmonic pressure distribution.

Tim B has clearly proven his lack of mathematical knowledge when calculating pressure distribution on a high speed foil let alone the complexities involved with harmonic pressure distribution. yet still has the courage to publicly ridicule me.

Please remember that the earth was once thought to be flat and anybody who suggested otherwise was destroyed, I guess times have changed as now anybody who suggests a new theory has to contend with ridicule rather than persecution.

Kind Regards,
    Martin

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.