Robber 3e HELP

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by simon wheeler, Sep 23, 2009.

1. simon wheeler

simon wheeler Junior Member

Does anyone know about these boats ! I have one and need anyone who can help with modifications.
    Thanks for ltaking the interest of looking.

As I am new to this site please let me know if there is anything I am doing wrong. Anyone please ping me a response so I know it is working.
    Many Thanks
    Simon

2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Simon,
    Here's an old thread on what I think is the same boat:
    http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/boat-design/robber-3e-design-quarter-tonner-15193.html
    A quick Google search seems to suggest they have a bit of a fan following. (example: http://www.robber3eregister.co.uk/ )
    Modification/repair discussions generally don't have to be model-specific unless you're trying to stay within a class or one-design rule; boats in general have more similarities than differences.
    What are you planning to do with her?

3. simon wheeler

simon wheeler Junior Member

Many Thanks

Have had this boat 15 years and did not know of the register. Have just visited and it is a boat that has a following. They are great little boats and she has competed in class 6 of Cowes for about 10 years. The last couple of years we have competed in class quarter Ton. This is a group of ex yacht designers, sail makers and wealthy older people. The lead boats in the fleet ie. top 8 bought an old boat for £3,000- £5,000 and spend £30,000 plus to restore it and make it go. We however do not have that sort of money and where we use to win races the best we could get this year was 9th. So the winter refit is going to cost money and will we have to do all the work as we cant afford to pay people to work on her.
    So Cowes week next year we want a 5th overall and a top 3 during the week. Well thats the dream.
    Thanks a lot for your input this really will help. Amazing what happens when you have countless number of people working on a problem.
    Simon

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.