help with the design

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by learning, Dec 6, 2006.

1. learning

learning Junior Member

Hi:

I search some person who could give me her opinion ,of a mini project that I am designing , and can test the plan with a ingeniering program.

I do not have studies of engineering.

If someone can help me will be welcomly

I can offer help in cnc programs , etc.

Regards

Attached Files:

• nn.JPG
      nn.JPG
      File size:
      2.9 KB
      Views:
    • ww.JPG
      ww.JPG
      File size:
      4.3 KB
      Views:
    • hh.JPG
      hh.JPG
      File size:
      4.5 KB
      Views:
    • 44.JPG
      44.JPG
      File size:
      23.2 KB
      Views:
    • 55.JPG
      55.JPG
      File size:
      22.7 KB
      Views:
  2. messabout

messabout Senior Member

Learning;
    Your pictures show a model boat and what appears to be a plug for a mold. or perhaps the actual hull built over a form. I am not sure about the information that you want. More details are needed before we can answer your questions. Tell us the length, the width, and the estimated weight of the finished boat. Will it be radio controlled ? What size sail will it have ? How high will the mast be ?

Your boat looks something like a typical international one meter model. There are many people who build and race that class of RC boats. Another boat that is similar is the USone meter class. You can find information about both those types at AMYA.org.

A quick appraisal of your design, based on the pictures, is as follows; The boat is probably too wide at the transom. When the boat is heeled the corners of the transom will drag. You can fix that problem by making it more narrow at the transom or giving it more rocker in the after end of the boat. Also, It may not have enough rocker to allow it to tack well. Both ends of the boat need to be near the surface of the water so that there will not be so much resistance to turning. This is important for model boats. The bulb at the bottom of the keel is probably not big enough to resist the force against the sail.

Post more information about your boat and we may be able to advise you.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.