River Pirate

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Chase_B, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Chase_B

Chase_B Junior Member

wavewacker ,..I have a build on paper similar to the boat I just built but without a deck ,..a 4 place bicycle sytem that has diferentials connected to 2 jetski pumps with modified impellers,..same trailer system,..it should weigh less then the pontoon (which weighs 300lbs) I'm estimating the weight at 160 lbs and using a differential with the right gear ratio the boat would move along at 10 mph +/-, with just one rider or 4..just the back 2 seat positions would have steering

2. cturboaddict

cturboaddict Junior Member

Super Cool man. Great idea. Seems like a great way to get out and have no hassle! Way to improvise!

3. Chase_B

Chase_B Junior Member

thanks Jersey,. it does what I need it to do,..I can tow it with the polaris ranger to back wood ponds ,..or tow it with my pick up to a public dock, fishing area,...great for shallow water,..river floats,.. if its a body of water that does not allow gas engines ,..I remove the outboard and just use the trolling motor. 20 years ago I could have built it in a couple days ,..but ,.now,it took me near 5 months to build,..I'm also building an airplane of my own design ,..4 place tail dragger ,..it wont be done for a few years ,..but I work on it when i can. the mind is more then willing ,..but the body resists,..so I try to get the both entity's to compromise :)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.