Risk of wood rot on a well maintained boat?

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by mariobrothers88, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Mark C. Schreiter

Mark C. Schreiter Junior Member

Do a search on youtube for transom or stringer or bulkhead, repair, fix, rebuild, overhaul or something like that and you'll find with almost 100% certainty none of those videos will have foam cores.

sure in a perfect world perfectly sealed wood has a small chance of rot but at least for me, building a boat in my garage is a far from perfect world.

that being said, i'm sure there are countless boats that are far older than me, made from wood cores that are still doing fine.

however, at the end of the day i'd prefer fewer things to worry about or stress me out when i'm lying in bed so im all in for a no wood boat.