Rinker 242

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Mayor, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Mayor

Mayor New Member

Guys,

I am in the market for a 24 foot Mid-Cabin Cruiser that can sleep my wife and 2 children.

I am thinking of buying a 2000 Rinker 242 Fiesta Vee. Its in absolute mint condition, with 60 hours on a Bravo III, Dual SS Prop, Fuel Injected, MerCruiser. It loaded with every option, including Air Conditioning.

I have been boating for about 8 years now and within those 8 years I have only owned SeaRay. First was a 19 foot bowrider and then was a 23 foot bowrider. Both of these boats offered me ZERO trouble and ZERO dollars out of my pocket - I was VERY happy with both of them.

I was looking at the SeaRay 240 Sundancer (1999 to 2000) and I love pretty much everything about it - except the price.

Now here is my question. Will I be as happy with a Rinker 242 vs a SeaRay 240 Sundancer? I used to think that SeaRay offered the nicest interiors, the prettiest seating, the more "plush" wood dash boards...UNTIL I saw this Rinker. It offers so much more boat for LESS money.

Here is a small list of what the Rinker offers over the SeaRay (when in the same price range):

* Bravo III drive
    * Fuel Injection
    * Dual SS Props
    * Microwave (standard)
    * Stove (standard)
    * Full Head w/ sink & shower (standard)
    * Wood Steering Wheel & Dash
    * VHF Radio (standard)
    * More seating / Covertible seating
    * Full Camper Canvas (standard)
    * Cockpit Table (standard)

Any opinions will be most appreciated. Anyone that owns a Rinker 242 - please reply.

Thanks,

Mayor

2. Monty 1

Monty 1 Guest

Does the sea-ray have a porta-potty or a real toilet? All the sea-rays I looked at had a porta potty.That was enough to make my wife walk away.
    Some of my friends have Rinkers and are extremely happy with them ,although they are all larger than 24'

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.