Ricks low drag image...

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Submarine Tom, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

Anybody know where I can find the image Rick W (AKA Guest625101138) posted on here about 2 or 3 years ago?

I've "Searched" and looked through a few old threads but just can't find it.

It was a low drag (surprise, surprise) tri, but motor driven, not human powered.

I looked in his Gallery but it's been deleted (the whole gallery).

Thought somebody might recall the thread off the top of their pretty little head.

-Tom

2. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

This, perhaps: http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/bo...electro-plywood-cruiser-22408.html#post200859 (also post #20 and others). However, if you intend to offer it as a proposal to our friend with the old 18 hp Evinrude, I have to put a note of warning here - it is an extremely unseaworthy series of designs. Good for playing around in oil-flat protected waters with a good rescue service, and probably nothing else.

On the other side, I am quite impressed by this series of designs posted by Eric Deborde: http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/boat-design/trimaran-motorboat-stabilized-monohull-29665.html

Cheers

1 person likes this.
  3. Submarine Tom

Thanks Daiqu, I'll check it out.

No, that wasn't my intension at all, I only asked over there as it seemed a viewer might know.

I have something completely different in mind.

Thanks again,

-Tom

4. BPL

BPL Senior Member

Uh oh...

:p:D;)

5. Submarine Tom

You're on the ball there BPL.

Looked at the thread there Daiqu and you were spot on.

My idea wasn't what I thought it might be, but thanks again for helping out, I really appreciate it.

-Tom

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.