Saloon / Pilothouse - Ally kit - lost webpage

Discussion in 'Metal Boat Building' started by AndySGray, Jul 16, 2014.

1. AndySGray

AndySGray Senior Member

I used to have a link which I cant find anymore -

A friend was talking about a project and that website sprang to mind;-

The site was over 3 or four web pages and consisted of pictures showing all the stages of construction for a custom designed Saloon, Pilothouse and Flybridge using a flat CNC Aluminium kit. The site was probably part of a designers page but it was very well done and really informative even down to part cutting the window corners but leaving the straight cuts to be done when all was finished for maximum strength / rigidity of the partially assembled sides.

If I remember correctly the pilothouse assembly was then fitted onto a re-claimed steel hull (with much mention of neoprene gaskets and lightening bonding).

I could be wrong but the finished trawler yacht was called something like Northern Light.

I've tried numerous searches to no avail - of course it could have been part of the website for a company which has removed it or even ceased trading - and of course Northern Lights Generators push the number of 'hits' off the chart.

Does it ring any bells?

Andy

2. fungod

fungod New Member

lost webpage

Hi Andy,

Maybe I can help. I am a computer wiz from SF and a master at finding lost or taken down webpages. Not really, but it sounds good.

There is a wonderful site that takes a snapshot of the web and its contents on an ongoing basis.

It is called, archive.org Type in the webpage and it will take you back thru time and space and hopefully to that page. All you need is the web address. Hope you find what you are looking for and good luck.

If you are a music lover, this is a great place to listen to concerts of your favorite bands as well.

Fungod
    1981 Newport 30
    s/v Addiction
    Emeryville, CA

http://h2uh0.blogspot.com/ Mostly wet stuff!

3. AndySGray

AndySGray Senior Member

don't know the page

Thanks for the idea but I don't have the link/webpage anymore - I think it died with the old PC

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.