RIB 4-5m in GREECE, for start...

Discussion in 'Projects & Proposals' started by Greekfleet, May 6, 2007.

1. Greekfleet

Greekfleet Junior Member

I live in Athens and i am Naval Architect-marine Engineer.Although i adore small high speed boats and especially RIBS, i have little experience in the design of these boats.A year ago i started designing with rhino a small 4.3m inflatable boat and know i am at the end of the design phase!
    I would like to find a friend from Athens, that knows about boats construction, student or undergraduate Naval Architect, to work together, share thoughts and continue the project.
    I would like also to ask if anybody knows where i can find information about cheep and fast techniques of female mould construction, rather than the laborius and expensive procedure of making the wooden plug, glass it and then produce the female mould !
    Thanks a lot,looking forward to hearing from you, and my best wishes to the boatbuilding community!

2. Greekfleet

Greekfleet Junior Member

....I said 4-5 RIB in Greece for start because i believe that we can continue with a bigger project and why not making a small company ! Love and passion about the things we do can really lift us high!

3. Kobus Potgieter

Kobus Potgieter Naval Architect

I could give some design advice. I design only ribs for the past 20 years together with manufacturing experience. I can also offer 5 AXIS milling of the plugs and making production tooling. What a coincidence. I'm busy designing a boat for a company in Greece - 4.7m RIB
    Lets talk

4. Toplana

Toplana Junior Member

RIB stability

I am a naval architect from Serbia and have some questions on RIB stability.

a) Did you have experience with RIB stability calculation? Do you have ISO 6185 and if yes, can you share?

b) If not, can you please tell me input parameters for RIB stability calculation? The thing is that I have an offer to do such calculation for a customer who doesn't know almost anything about his object (except principal dimensions). Since I never had experience with RIBs before, I need to know at least what are the input values needed, so that I can decide if I should take the job or not.

Thank you! Efharisto :)

5. Greekfleet

Greekfleet Junior Member

Reply To Toplana

Toplana, I Will Give You An Answer But Give Me Little Time To See What I Have And What I Can Find.and Please Give Me A Personal E-mail Address

6. Kobus Potgieter

Rib stability

Yes, I would gladly help. Nowdays, You I mostly work with ISO standards due to the fact the all my designes are mostly used in the EU. Sent me some more info so that I could look into this.

7. Toplana

Toplana Junior Member

Thanks for your time, but in the meantime i`ve found what i was looking for. If you need something you can contact me by email. Thanks again

8. Greekfleet

Greekfleet Junior Member

Iso For Rib Stability

Dear Toplana , Ihave Used Iso Standards But For Sailing Yachts.i Dont Have This Standard And I Would Like To Pay The Expences And If It Is Possible Send To You My Address And Mail It To Me !
    Please Reply!

9. Kobus Potgieter

I cant send it to you. It is an excel spreadsheet format which I have created as a master, taking the ISO standard and break up into evidense and conclusions. I use this to certify all my boats. It consist out of approximately 150 pages, the whole standard. My charge out rate for doing a certification is (post or pre) is about 1000Euro. Let me know what you want to do

10. Greekfleet

Greekfleet Junior Member

Dear Kobus, I Can Understand What You Are Talking About But Since I Know About Stability And How To Use These Kind Of Standards It Is Little Expensive And Not Clever To Pay 1000 Euros, Although Its A Reasonable Price .thank You Anyway And If You Can Find A Hard Copy Of The Standard And Mail It (my Expenses) I Would Be Grateful.thank You Anyway.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.