Rhinomarine For Submarine Stability

Discussion in 'Software' started by Casper, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Casper

Casper Junior Member

Hi to all,

I'm planing to buy a Rhinomarine plug-in and I want it to use for the stability calculation of a sub, but I'm not sure if this will work. Did anyone have used it for the stability calculation of the submarine, can anybody give me instructions on how to use it for the sub applications? because it just gives an example on the video only for the surface hulls, and when I was browsing the Rhino web it mentioned there that it can calculate and analyze the hydro/stability for anything that floats such as Multihulls, Monohulls, Submarines, etc.

Thanks and regards,
    CASPER:)

2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

I've never tried doing stability calcs on a submarine, but I don't see any reason why Rhinomarine wouldn't work for this. Surfaced, a sub is no different from any other ship. Submerged, the principles are basically the same except you no longer have to deal with that nasty free surface that surface ships do.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.