freeship question

Discussion in 'Software' started by pavel915, Jul 20, 2007.

1. pavel915

pavel915 Senior Member

when i start a new design in freeship; firstly it asks for length ; breadth; and draught.
    but what about depth? how can i specify my depth? i see that is automatically set in freeship;;; how can i get a specific depth in freeship? as an example ; in maxsurf; i can specify my length ; breadth; depth; draught; etc
    thanx!

2. Ahmed Wahab

Ahmed Wahab Junior Member

I think draught is depth and and you can secify all in freeship too.

3. pavel915

pavel915 Senior Member

i tried; but i coud not specify my depth ; at the begining, onlly the lenght; breadth and draught is asked by freeship and depth i see that it is set automatically. plz tell me how can i fix a definite depth by putting a value.
    waiting for your reply.
    thanx!

4. Ahmed Wahab

Ahmed Wahab Junior Member

Specify first length,Breadth,Draught.Then after the intial boat design appear,
    Try to adjust the sheerline(the deck line)By moving the contol points by the mouse or by typing a specific value in the Z coordnate then it's important to mark it as corner point and later to unmark it if it's not a corner point. so you must click the corner point. ou can adjust easily all the sheerline points within few minutes

5. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

the default is set, you just type in in the draft, say .750 instead of the default .5 which comes with lengths of around the 12m, you then have to change the dwl, to suit, , when you increase the default draft, the hull then looks top heavy so you must then start to adjust, thats abt all I know, I have not figured how to change the dwl yet:))

6. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

To change the draft...go to Project, Project Settings, click on the Main dimensions tab and change your draft in the Draft box. This will set the draft from the bottom of the boat to the waterline, including any keels or other vertical protrusions from the hull. In delftship the draft is measured differently depending on the source of the hull. Importing the hull from another program will include the Z zero from the other program. For example...Carene sets the 0 line at the chine on a flat bottom or the first chine in a Vee or multi chine design. Importing the design into Delftship keeps this relationship so to find the true draft you would have to move the whole hull UP by the amount of the lowest point (ie -.231). This is easy as you simply click on selection, select all and then transform, move, vertical and put in (.231) . This will move the bottom of the hull to zero. Now you can set the draft to what you want.

Steve

1 person likes this.
  7. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

gee I always wondered how to do that Steve:)) thanks

8. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

no problem mate!

Steve

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.