Rhino problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by zeroname, Jun 2, 2010.

1. zeroname

zeroname Naval Architect

hy

I was trying to make 3d fair surface from Lines plan of a ship. Its a container ship having complex bulbous bow shape and aft shape. Though i was able to do some work on it. I used T-spline surface at the bow and aft , and Rhino NURB surface through the parallel middle body ,

But i dont know what mistake i did, i am getting negative hydrostatic results ( cp , disp , weight ! etc) in both rhinomarine and orca3d.

Please suggest me what things i need to notice and correct to get the proper result.

If there is little discontinuities between two surface , will it affect the result too ?

Thanks
    p.s: its 50 mb, so just attached an image.

Attached Files:

2. pavel915

pavel915 Senior Member

Dear zeroname,
    Rhino marine and orca sees what is the normal direction of the surfacs. If the normal direction of the surfaces are outward to the water then the results will be +ve and vice-versa.
    To see what the surfaces direction, there is a good proecess.
    Go to Tools>options>apearance>Shaded and then look at the box at right side. Change backface settings to "single color for all backfaces" and right bellow there is a option for selecting backface color. Then all the back faces will show that color. Then you can change the direction of the surface buy flip directin by "flip " command.
    Hope this helps.

3. zeroname

zeroname Naval Architect

thanks very much Pavel915 ,

I really forgot about the settings of direction. Thanks again for remainding me.

i just used DIR command to check the direction of a surface and click with mouse to flip it and make outward direction. and it works !

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.