Sailcut CAD

Discussion in 'Software' started by fastwave, Jan 10, 2008.

1. fastwave

fastwave Senior Member

Hello guys
    Does anyone know how to display the complete rig geometry in sailcut Cad1.3.1???

It is supposed to be unde View->Rig according to the documentantion but my menu does nos have that option

Thanks

2. deepsix

deepsix Senior Member

Try file > New > Rig

Then use "window" on the menu bar to shift between the rig and sail windows.

I found alot of bugs, every time I change a dimension it would revert to the default values, but I have v1.3.0, maybe v1.3.1 is better

3. fastwave

fastwave Senior Member

I can shift between windows to see either the rig or the sails indivisually. But i think you can view all at the same time to study the slot etcetc.

I cannot do that.

4. deepsix

deepsix Senior Member

It seems that there is the option to go file>new>boat and then add the different elements to that using the file>add command.

EDIT : It looks like the help file is dated oct 2006, the view>rig function is how it worked in the old version(pre 1.3.0 i think). The old rig viewer was only able to view sails not the rig, hull ect. The new version looks much the same, but the fact that you can add rigs and a hull is nice.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  5. fastwave

fastwave Senior Member

Thanks deespix. I spend ages trying to figure it out. (well about 40min)

Thanks again

6. deepsix

deepsix Senior Member

Glad I could help:)

7. David Sample

David Sample New Member

I'm still trying to figure this out too. I have the rig designed and I have the sails designed but for the life of me, I can't get them on the same screen, which would be REALLY nice. As far as I can tell I have the latest Saicut CAD download. Did you ever have any luck with this Fastwave?

Thanks

8. fastwave

fastwave Senior Member

It has been a long while but i rember i got it to work thanks to deepix comment

Cannot remember much since I have not use it since

9. David Sample

David Sample New Member

Thanks fastwave. I went back to what Deepsix said and figured it out. Thanks too you also Deepsix!!! This has been bugging the heck out of me. I'm not super on computers or CAD but I'm learning.

10. David Sample

David Sample New Member

More Sailcut questions

I have been trying to find and download the Sailcut spinnaker program with no success. Anyone have any advice? The SailcutCAD site is of no help at all!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.