Rhino on Vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by Proteus, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Proteus

Proteus Junior Member

I tried it, doesn't seem to work very well. The model space goes black comes back then goes black again. There web page claims it runs on Vista but mentions that one needs an open GL graphics card.

They use to have some information on there web site about these issues, which now is no longer there other than what I mentioned above. I wonder why ?

I dealt with there customer service on another issue regarding their hull cd tutorial. No help there, pretty clueless to say the least. Moroever, they just aggravated the situation even more by promising me another cd than not delivering it. :confused:

2. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

I can't help you with Vista, I have only read that all OpenGL tasks run on half the speed compared to XP.

Have you looked at the free hull design tutorial from Rhinocentre.nl?
    http://www.rhinocentre.nl/pdf_bestanden/Rapid Hull Modeling in Rhinoceros.pdf
    It has some very useful explanations on Rhino settings and nurbs methodology.

I don't know any resellers or distributors in US, can only say the McNeel staff in Barcelona is very helpful.

3. Steve Baer

Steve Baer Rhino Developer

Hi Proteus,
    Were you looking at a different web page than this one?
    http://en.wiki.mcneel.com/default.aspx/McNeel/RhinoOnVista.html

We are about to make service release 1 generally available for Rhino 4. This service release fixes the Vista related issues that you mentioned. You can download and install SR1 from
    http://download.mcneel.com/whatsnew.asp?rel=266
    This is the final beta SR1 that we are making before announcing its general availability. OpenGL should run just fine with this service release installed.

You can always email us directly at tech@mcneel.com if you are unhappy with the response you are getting from your reseller. The last thing we want is an unhappy customer.

Thanks,
    -Steve

4. Proteus

Proteus Junior Member

Hi Raggi, I already have the free tutorials that are out there that I know of, yours and another from 3dRendering.com. Thanks anyway.

Hey Steve thanks for the direction, I''ll give it a try.

Thank you !

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.