New member seeking advise

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by markymark100, May 17, 2009.

1. markymark100

markymark100 New Member

Hi,
    Could somebody please point me in the right direction !? What I'm looking for is a commercial aluminium trawler type catamaran 17-19 metres long with a top speed of 12 knots( hull shape to suit and high bow). I have seen some commercial trawler type cats but all have been 24 metres or so long and the ones around the size i'm looking for are all 20-25 knots fast hulls and wouldnt be i feel very good heavy sea boats at 12 knots. The vessel would be used around the west coast of the UK doing survey work so would encounter some decent seas. Would be greatfull for a help.

Thanks Mark

2. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Are you looking to build from a design or buy new/second hand?

We've recent just design a 22m catamaran, just like you described (offshore windfarm boat). Simply changing the engines to suit a slower speed and a slight geosim of the hull is very straight forward to do.

Or i can put you in contact with a design you feel is more suitable (if you want immediate off the shelf), both yard and designer.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.