Rhino linning for steel decks

Discussion in 'Metal Boat Building' started by capefearboat, Mar 21, 2006.

1. capefearboat

capefearboat Junior Member

Has anyone used the Rhino type polyurethane coating (used to line the beds of trucks) on steel decks or soles? I have heard that the military has started using them.

2. johnW

johnW Junior Member

See my posting just below under 'Deck coatings'. I asked the same question and have no responsed from anyone who has used Rino or similiar coatings.

3. capefearboat

capefearboat Junior Member

Sorry. I was not paying attention. I have also posted on other news groups. I will let you know if I hear anything. The firms that supply the numerous similar products do not seem too responsive either.

4. Vernn

Vernn New Member

I am sorry but you have it backwards. The military has been using this for YEARS on the weatherdecks of ships. Some brilliant entrepenuer decided to market it to "civilian" use. I think that person made a few buck$. Go to a local Navy base and request a tour of any ship. You will see it as soon as you board.

Oh, and by the way, fighter jets land on this stuff at 150 kts!!!

5. ted655

ted655 Senior Member

The commercial (and recreational also) use this coating here.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.