GHS Sample Run file

Discussion in 'Software' started by pavel915, Mar 31, 2019.

1. pavel915

pavel915 Senior Member

Hello,

I am a very new user of GHS. So far I know how to make a GHS file from Rhino and going through basic commands. But I have to make a complete stability booklet using it.
    For intact stability I use IMO A749 and IMO IS Code 267(85). It would be very helpful for me If I can get a sample Run file for a stability booklet for those stability criteria so that I can go through the commands used there and will get a quick idea.

Thanks in advance.

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

If you need to perform complicated stability calculations, under various load conditions, I would advise you to use other naval CAD applications. There are several calculations, such as tank calibration, free surface corrections, equilibrium floatation, verification of applicable criteria and some other calculations, which with Rhino and its plug-ins is not easy to perform. I'm not saying that Rhino is not good, it's very good, but it's incomplete for some calculations.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.