Rhino help

Discussion in 'Software' started by Vibtor, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Vibtor

Vibtor Junior Member

Im working with Rhino 3.0 and Flamingo.

How can i "paint" a ships hull in different colours ?
    Ex: I want to have different color for the antifouling and the upper ship
    hull.

:confused:

Best reg:
    Torkild Skjong
    Maritme Partner As

2. Navaldesign

Navaldesign Dr. Eng.

Duplicate the surface "IN PLACE"
    Then trim the two surfaces with an horizontal line placed at the height of the antifouling line. Of course you must trim the upper part of one surface and the lower one of the second surface.Then color the two trimmed surfaces with different colors.

Alternatively create different surfaces for the upper and lower parts of the hull.

3. CGN

CGN Senior Member

Save a copy of the hull that you want to use for rendering and use the "split" tool to "cut" the stripes, i hope the video can help, if you don't own flamingo then this way can be used, the best way is to have a render software and use texturing, but the trick works really good anyway.

the video shows only the use of the "split" tool and instead of a hull it shows an sphere.

good luck

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.