Parametric Transformation doesn't Work

Discussion in 'Software' started by Boatbeginner, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Boatbeginner

Boatbeginner Junior Member

Hi, I have tried changing the Block Coefficient and the other geometric parameters of the hull that I am working on but everything I do all the values become zero. Does anyone know why this is the case? I have tried using this functionality using the existing hulls on Maxsurf library but whenever I use it using this hull (attached) it is not working. Can anyone please help?

Attached Files:

2. rayan008

rayan008 New Member

It depends on the hull form you want to design. If you want to design a prismatic planing cart, it is expected that the software well predict the hydrodynamic characteristics and lead you to design a hull with optimized resistance and trim angle. But for realistic hulls not being prismatic anymore, I don think that the software has good accuracy. For this case, you should use numerical methods, or your own Mathematical model.
    Good Luck

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 jpg to pdf

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.