ORC VPP – Offset File Viewer – Need Help

Discussion in 'Software' started by Veit, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Veit

Veit New Member

Hello,

for my master degree project I am using the ORC VPP software. But now I have a problem with the Offset File Viewer.

After importing the .off file in the “Offset File Viewer” there are some sheer lines (black lines) at the keel section which are not correct.
    At section16 (end of bulb) the sheer line is going from the top of the hull down to the bulb and back.
    At the crossing between section 11 to 12 there is a gap. Here the sheer line has to touch section 12 (at the point of the top of bulb) and then has to rise up to section 12 (lower edge of the hull).

I found out that the error with the sheer line is based on the point filled in with green. I had to move other points around the green point so that the green point disappears. But at the stations 12 to 16 the green points are on the upper edge of the bulb and I can not move them.

I hope someone can help me.
    A picture of the problem and the .off file are attached.

Best regards

Attached Files:

2. Windvang

Windvang Yacht Designer

The file has poke trough points where they should not be. Go to the tab "station data" in the offset file manager and remove all unwanted 2-Poke points. The remove button is on the bottom of the screen.

Example station 21
    Remove point#6 and #16.

Also make sure the section is 1 continuous line.
    Station 21 point 17 should therefore also be removed.

Hope this helps.

3. Veit

Veit New Member

Thank you Windvang for your help. It is working now.
    I found out that I also hat to switch all points. Negative up, positive down.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.