Revolutionary Portable Boat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by vapera, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Vega

Vega Senior Member

Eh eh. Portugal have joined the Brittish, the Dutch, the German, the Equatorian and the Argentinian on the 1/8 final.

Bloody:D Iranian...it was dificult to score against a team that has 11 men behind their middle field...:rolleyes:

Good luck to everybody...I am very curious about the Italy-USA and Brazil-Australia.

2. vapera

vapera Senior Member

The way "things" are going in this unofficial thread of the sports created by the "thing", the "thing" will become a very nice "thing"!

Regarding the stability of the "thing" or on the "thing", it is similar to a craft with same dimensions and "similar" weight distribution and design.

Congratulations to all that are already on the 1/8 final, let's just hope
    Australia doesn't upset us tomorrow!

3. Poida

Poida Senior Member

Perhaps you should present the Brazilian team with a "thing" when they get back. Think of the publicity.

Headlines, "The Brazilian Team Gets the "Thing""

Is the thing a thing of the past or a thing of the future.

When people point to your thing and ask, "what's that thing," you can say, "yes it is."

The big game on in 10 minutes. Gotta go.

1 person likes this.
  4. hansp77

hansp77

Poida, I don't know what sort of time-travel-cable-telvision you are watching, but the big game still has not begun!!!
    Staying up this late, we Australians are either blindly optimistic, or pesimistically masochistic.

5. hansp77

hansp77

Australia technique #1
    kick brazil star in shin.:D :D :D

6. SeaSpark

SeaSpark -

Official s word thread.

Good to know we have a thread about the other sport starting with an "s" now (do not dare to mention name). Not that i concider sailing a sport personally.

Did not llike the thing anyway, agree it must be just blind chauvinism.

7. Poida

Poida Senior Member

Hansp77

Yeah I thought that the game was starting earlier. Everytime they mentioned the game on TV they seemed to advertise it later and later.

In the end it wasn't starting till midnight so I went to bed. Will be able to stay up and watch the Croatia game Friday night.

Good the Aussies could hold the Brazilians to a max of 2 goals considering their experience in the World Cup arena.

C'mon Seaspark I don't think the Dutch like sailing anymore because they wrecked all their ships on our reefs. Those guys were real sailers.

Vapera

Got a top idea for your "thing" make the back bit higher than the front bit and that way you will always be paddling down hill. You can thank me later.

8. Vega

Vega Senior Member

Brazilians were lucky. I didn't understand if the Brazilians played badly or if the Aussies played well,:confused: :p but certainly that result was unfair to Australians.

9. SeaSpark

SeaSpark -

Agree, there are more Dutch wrecks on Australian coast than vice versa.
    Thinking why i became philosophical i will spare you all the details.

About the sailing beeing a sport or not bit of my reply:

I concider sailing more than just a sport. More attracted to all the various aspects of it, engineering, meterology, construction, beeing self supportive and the rest. Instead of racing round the buoys and spending afternoons in protest tents.

(edit)
    Vapera:

Sorry for all these irrelevant words, i am sure there are people that can have fun with your creation on beaches, lakes and rivers. The "snake" version could be great for teambuilding activities.

10. Vega

Vega Senior Member

Hey Australian, Congratulations. Great game...you have made it although the two stollen penalties:rolleyes:

Get rid of that goal keeper... its a lousy one.:mad:

11. im412

im412 Junior Member

thank you vega.....hope you have a good game with Netherlands
    we are very proud, a great effort
    i think our goalie had a case of nerves...think he will be rested when we play italy next...
    australia in the grand final will be a good game too :cool: maybe not this year..but one day

now...if only we can think of an olimpic sport for the "thing"

12. Poida

Poida Senior Member

im412
    The thingathalon.

13. im412

im412 Junior Member

vega..congrats on the win :cool:
    16 yellow, 4 reds :eek: ...i was expecting a hocky puck to be thrown in instead of a ball :D
    best luck with next game
    our run will finish tomorrow with italy, all i can ask is its a good game

poida..that works for me...thingathlon
    jack

14. Vega

Vega Senior Member

The only one that really should have got a red card was the referee.

He managed to completely spoil what had begun as a good football match. If Holland had scored and the game went on for 30 minutes more, I believe that we would see the first game with 5 against 5 or something like that:rolleyes:

Now we have to play against England without half of the players. That piece of **** did not only screw this game, but also the next one:mad:

Good luck against Italy. They can be the most irritating team around and they play very well, an effective kind of soccer. Very dangerous team...take care;)

15. Vega

Vega Senior Member

Hey Vapera. I have received this one from a friend.

Enjoy it.

For the ones that can not read Portuguese, the translation is:

The real motive why Brazil is in every World championship and Turkey isn't.:p

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.