looking for an engineer to continue the adventure

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by marcostdo, Aug 11, 2013.

1. marcostdo

marcostdo Junior Member

Hi

After to built a personal semi submersible, I'm looking for an engineer/ designer for the next step: Fix the last stability problems of the actuals model and make a full 3 seaters new design based on the experience of the first model.

Attached picture show some example of this kind of mini speed boat that can go few feets and few second underwater...then jump.

Everybody interested is welcome to contact me please.

Thanks a lot.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  2. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

Is that your boat?

What are your current stability problems?

3. marcostdo

marcostdo Junior Member

Yes the left one is my boat. I need to get better lateral static stability because the boarding is very unsafe. One time seating inside it's ok. The problem is how to get more flotability without to penalise the immersion capacity.

4. Petros

Petros Senior Member

It seems to me if you change the underbody shape to more of a tunnel hull this should improve static stability but not necessarily increase the total buoyancy, so it should not reduces it ability to submerse. it will increase the surface area however, so drag will be increased.

It also looks to me like it might be directionally unstable when underway. if this is the case, this can be corrected by moving the vertical fin further back.

5. marcostdo

marcostdo Junior Member

Thanks Petros. I have a 2 seaters mini speed boat with tunel hull and I was thinking to make a mold but this is for a further model. Thanks to confort me in my idea because since today I started to desarm the fin to relocate them more to the back.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.